Aug 23, 2011

Ash Gourd Curry

I try this recipe from my blogger friend Rak's Kitchen. This a spicy,tangy, very tasty curry. I have tried this first time. Once I start, I can’t stop eating this. Original recipe here



Ingredients :

Ash Gourd (Winter melon): 1 cup, cut into cube
Turmeric powder  : 1/2 tsp.
Grated coconut : 1/4 tsp.
Curry leaves : 1 spring
Tamarind : 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste

Roasted Powder :

Urad Dal : 1 tbsp.
Dry Coriander seeds : 1 tbsp.
Red chilli : 2-3 nos.
Asatofedia: 1/4 tsp.

For tempering :

Mustard : 1 tsp.
Urad dal : 1 tsp.
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
Mustard  oil : 2 tsp.


Method :

Dry roast urad dal, dry coriander seeds, red chilli, asatofedia. Grind them to a powder.


Sending this recipe to Priya and Aipi's "Bookmarked recipe" and Simply food "Flavours of South India"







Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

View my Recipe On

Very Good Recipes
My blog is on Very Good Recipes
All Cooking Sites

Featured Post

Chana Bhapa (Spicy Steamed Crumble Paneer)

 Chana bhapa or bhapa crumble paneer is a very delicious and flavorful full of protein dish. Very easy and simple to make, need only necess...