Oct 1, 2012

My 300th Post ~ Moong Dal Burfi

When I first started this blog around one year and ten month ago, I never dreamt of reaching 300 posts. That is a lot of eating! I had never thought blogging would be so much fun. All this had been possible with my blogger friends support, encouragement and inspiring comments which drove me all the way long. Also, I would like to thank my family who have tasted & accepted each of these recipes wholeheartedly.  My sincere thanks to each one of my readers, my blogger friends, my other friends and my family. Am truly inspired and grateful by your gesture who dropped at Cuisine Delights space and hope you will continue to do so in my coming posts too.. :-)

   Moong Dal Burfi is one of the most loved desserts in India. It could be enjoyed on any occasion. During the festive season, everyone relishes it. It’s very appetizing and tastes great. Burfi is a very famous Indian sweet which is made of milk, nuts and different types of dal like moong dal, channa dal, Besan and coconut. These are square or diamond shape. Velvety smooth with a creamy texture where one spoonful simply vanishes in your mouth before you even realize what’s happening.



Ingredients :

Yellow split moong dal : 1 cups
Shredded Coconut : 1/2 cup
Milk : 1/2 cup
Sugar :1 cup ( as per taste)
Ghee : 2-3 tblsp.
Oil : 3 tblsp.
Almond : 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Cardamom powder : 5-6 pods of black cardamom (take out the seeds and ground them to fine powder. This freshly made cardamom

powder is must for this sweet)
For decoration : one raisin for each burfi




Method :

Lightly roast moong dal and soak in water overnight. In the morning, grind dal with little water to make a smooth paste.

Heat the same pan again, add rest of the ghee and oil, then add moong dal paste into it. Stir until dal turns slightly brownish and ghee starts to separate.

Now add coconut, mix well.

Add milk to the above mixture and keep stirring for a few minutes till it turns a little thick. Lastly add powdered sugar from Step 1 and keep stiring till the dough turns to the consistency of the chapathi dough.
Just before you switch off the gas add the powdered cardamom, mix well.

Grease a plate with little ghee/oil/butter, pour the mixture on the plate. Spread evenly on the plate. Let it cool enough  then cut with a knife into square or diamond shape. Decorate each piece with rainsins, almond..



Sending this to Indrani's "Spotlight : Festive Food" event hosted by me


Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

View my Recipe On

Very Good Recipes
My blog is on Very Good Recipes
All Cooking Sites

Featured Post

Chana Bhapa (Spicy Steamed Crumble Paneer)

 Chana bhapa or bhapa crumble paneer is a very delicious and flavorful full of protein dish. Very easy and simple to make, need only necess...