Feb 24, 2012

Chewy Chocolate Cookies - Celebrating My 200th Post

         It is going 1 year 3 months , I am blogging, and I have gained a lot of friends and without the support of all of you it was not possible. I am posting my 200th post today and this makes me to feel so proud and happy and to celebrate this occasion I made Chewy Cocolate cookies. A special thanks to my elder sister (Indrani of Recipe Junction) and my hubby to support and encouraging me always for blogging.  I just started this blog as a hobby, now this become of my full time job!!! (hehe!! wanna say that I'm addicted).

           Chewy Chocolate cookies is a full of rich dark chocolate goodness from melted bittersweet chocolate, unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, egg and vanilla with a touch of salt.




Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups of All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup of bittersweet chocolate
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder (Natural, Unsweetened)

Method :

Preheat the oven 180C for 10-15 minutes.

Melt chopped chocolate on the stove top when the chocolate is smooth, set aside to rest while you prepare the remaining ingredients.

In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt and set it aside while you mix the wet ingredients.

In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy.  Beat in the eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add in the vanilla and mix. Beat in the cocoa powder until just mixed. Beat in the melted chocolate mixture. Then add the flour/baking soda/salt mixture slowly and continue to beat on a low speed until you have a thick cookie batter.

Using a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup, portion out the dough on to the pre-lined baking sheets.  Flatten the dough mounds a little bit with your finger tips. Make sure to leave ample space between your cookies because they will spread while they're baking.

Bake 15-20 minutes or until a little crispy around the edges.  Remove from oven and place baking sheets on cooling racks for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to the wire rack to cool completely.

You can top it with powdered sugar.





Note: If you like your cookies crispier, allow them to bake a few minutes longer.








Sending this to My First Event "COLOURFUL HOLI" event, Preeti's "Color N Sweet- HOLI FEST" event, Anjali's "Cakes, Cookies and Desserts " event,
Vimitha's "Love n Chocolate Fest" event, Anzz Cafe's "Valentines Special " event, Sumee's "Bon Vivant" event, Vardhini's "Sweet Luv" event, Radhika's "Let’s Cook #12 ~ Sweet Somethings " event, Kalyani's "Valentine Fest - Served with Love" event, Radhika's "I Love Baking #1 " event, Srav's "Dish For Loved Ones " event, Surabhi's "Holi Hai " event,  Raji's "Healthy Diet Event ~ Baked Goodies " event and Julie's "ABC Series: EGG recipes " event




 

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

View my Recipe On

Very Good Recipes
My blog is on Very Good Recipes
All Cooking Sites

Featured Post

Chana Bhapa (Spicy Steamed Crumble Paneer)

 Chana bhapa or bhapa crumble paneer is a very delicious and flavorful full of protein dish. Very easy and simple to make, need only necess...