Chicken : 1 kg
Onion : 6 (finely chopped)
Ginger : 1"piece (make a paste)
Garlic : 6 flakes (make a paste)
Tomato : 1 chopped
Kashmiri Red chilli powder : 2 tsp or to taste
Coriander powder : 1 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder : 1 tsp.
Oil : 4 tbsp
Sugar : 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Lemon juice : 1/2 cup
Coconut cut into 1" size : 10 piecesMethod :
- Cut the chicken pieces medium sizes , wash and drain the water completely and keep aside.
- Take chocken pieces n a big bowl, put in lemon juice, salt and turmeric powder.Keep aside 3-4 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chicken pieces for 5 mins.In the same pan add coconut pieces, when it is done add onion, saute till onions get soft and translucent.Add ginger-garlic paste, tomato and saute for more minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt and sugar.
- When oil separates the masala, add the chicken pieces,mix well with masala paste and saute it 12-15 mins.Add two cups hot water and let it cook covered with lid.
- There should be no water left.It is dry gravy based dish.
- Garnish with coconut piece.
Sending this recipe to womensera's "C for Colourful Currys"